Wednesday, May 25, 2011
So many in June. Spring is indeed here.
(1) Strip Spelling Bee in Montreal as part of the Fringe Festival:
(2) Slowdance Night in Montreal as part of the Fringe Festival:
(3) Crowd Karaoke in Montreal as part of the Fringe Festival:
(4) Queer Slowdance in Toronto as part of Queer Pride Festival:
June 17th. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre. 10 PMish. $12
(5) Strip Spelling Bee in Toronto as part of Queer Pride Festival:
June 24th. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre. 10 PMish. $10
(6) Cardboard Fort Night in Toronto:
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
So, I have three events for May. I hope you can come out to any or all of them!
(1) The first one on May 20th, Porn Karaoke, is an experiment. It's just weird. It involves 70's funk music playing while porn is projected, and people take to the microphones and simulate sex sounds. Grunts, groans, oohs and ahhs. Here is the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=217969574881366
And here are the complete details! Friday, May 20th. Doors at 9:30. Karaoke starts at 10 PM The Mainline Theatre. 3997 Boul. St-Laurent (just south of Duluth on the e. side. Look for the black door with flames on it) $10 at the door $5 if you sign up to ‘sing’. 18+ Regretfully, the Mainline Theatre is not wheelchair-accessible.
(2) On May 21st we are teaming up with Montreal's Meow Mix to put on our Spring Queer Slowdance! This is always a huge lovely party and we are happy to collab. Here is the event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128434053901387
And here are all the deets! Saturday, May 21 at 9:30pm - May 22 at 3:00am. La Sala Rossa. 4848 St-Laurent. $10 at the door includes your dancecard-booklet!
(3) Finally, on May 28th, we are returning to Toronto to put on our Early Summer Slowdance Night! This will be a more mixed crowd than our usual Queer Slowdances. Going forward, we are hoping to do one Slowdance Night in Toronto a month, alternating between queer and straight. Of course all our events are both queer and straight-friendly, that is strictly enforced, but we've found with Slowdance Nights that sometimes it helps to separate queers and straights. But I would say that this is one of the few exceptions. Here is the event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=210368492331391
And here are the complete details: Dovercourt house
805 Dovercourt Rd. (1 block North of Bloor, 3 blks. west of Ossington). Saturday, May 28, 2011
Doors at 9:00, Dance from 9:30 PM - 2 AM. $10 admission includes your Dancecard-booklet!
Regretfully, the Dovercourt House is not wheelchair-accessible. 19+